Perhaps the biggest name when it comes to international finance, the Visa credit card is accepted widely accepted all around the world for users to make regular online transactions. With such a high level of acceptance, Visa is also basically one of the most popular ways for players to fund their online casino accounts. Casinos that accept Visa deposits are quite common on the internet, with most accepting Visa transactions, be they credit/debit card deposits or even prepaid gift cards. Visa cards are the best way to go when funding casino account when playing online.
However, it’s important to understand the specifics of whether or not specific cards are allowed at individual gambling sites considering Visa, the company itself, does not directly issue cards to users. That job belongs to credit unions, banks as well as other financial institutions who partner with Visa in order to provide customers with the cards.
Additionally, each of these institutions has its own set of policies and enforces their own rules. As such, players will find that some while some banks will allow their cards to be used to fund casino accounts, others might not. It’s a complex situation fully dependent on the issuing authority, and it’s quite a mystery if a given card will work until a user actually tries.
Since Visa does not set policy for use, there’s no universal standard for when or where a card might be rejected at an online casino. However, this deposit method is a rarity for most players in the US due to strict banking regulations that cause a lot of payment providers as well as e-Wallets to suffer a blockade.
How To Deposit With Visa?
Visa cards are accepted at most online casinos because they are easy and safe. The minimum or maximum amount limits when players are making deposits varies from casino to casino although the range is typically flexible enough to be satisfactory with most players. Making a deposit with Visa at an online casino is remarkably easy. To understand the process, read on below;
- Head to the “Bank page” then click the “Add Card” link in the “Credit Cards” tab
- Select “Visa” option from the drop-down menu then enter card information into necessary fields[name, country, city, address, credit card number and expiry date]
- Enter deposit amount plus the CCV number located at the back of the Visa card
- Hit the “Next” button to register the card for an electronic payment to completed
Visa transactions are processed immediately, with the funds being availed to a player’s account in a matter of seconds. And as simple as that, a player is ready to try a hand at whichever interesting game tickles their fancy.
Advantage Of Using Visa
The Visa card comes with loads of advantages when compared with other deposit options. To begin with, the name itself carries a lot of weight and this is one aspect that has led to its being so widely accepted in the global online gaming scene. Playing at an online casino means there are very good chances the card will be accepted. The major pluses for using Visa cards are,
- Visa cards are highly trusted all over the world
- Visa works directly with online casinos to provide ideal security that ensures players’ transactions are easy and smooth
- There’s additional security buffer via the “Verified by Visa” service offered that asks players to register transaction information in order to provide extra protection for payments online
- Players can have account withdrawals sent directly to their Visa cards
- Online casinos verify the identity of Visa cardholders before any deposit can be processed so as to make sure all payments are legitimate
Disadvantages Of Using Visa
The main disadvantage with Visa cards is the potential for player deposits to be rejected by banks who have issued. A number of banks routinely reject online gambling transactions [especially in the US since federal law requires banks to reject most online gambling transactions], and it’s hard to know if a card will be accepted or not. Additionally, some players may be uncomfortable with giving out credit card information over the internet. While Visa transactions are known to be quite very secure, it’s still understandable that a number of players could have misgivings about it. Finally, withdrawing funds often takes a couple of working days to be processed.
Click to visit Visa official website