Visa Electron is renowned around the world, with millions of people using this card every day. Visa Electron card was introduced to the world in 1985 and has since grown in leaps and bounds. The card works somewhat differently from the standard VISA since it relies on the funds users upload onto it. Currently, there are a growing number of online casinos which allow players to make deposits using this facility and the number is rising with every year.
Visa Electron is a general-purpose debit card that’s prominent across a number of countries and like all debit cards, it offers a convenient way for users to draw funds directly from their linked bank accounts. The card might not be as commonly accepted as the regular Visa credit card but it’s still widely accepted across a wide range of online casinos and is one of the most popular deposit methods.
Users can’t make use of a credit facility when using the Visa Electron card; unlike the VISA card which allows users the option of a limited overdraft facility, it’s not possible to use this facility when using Visa Electron. Once the balance drops to zero, users aren’t able to spend any more.
It appeals to casino players due to its level of convenience in which, unlike other 3rd party payment solutions, users aren’t required to fund online accounts or disclose banking details in order to use it. However, users must be operating an established bank account at a participating location excluding the US, Ireland, Australia and Canada.
How To Deposit With Visa Electron
Because of the popularity of the VISA name, Visa Electronic cards will be accepted just about anywhere. There are millions of stores that bear the VISA brand which accounts for over 70% of banking cards throughout the world.For players to fund their casino accounts with Visa Electron, they’ll first have to ensure the amount of money they have in their linked bank accounts is adequate since this card does not allow users an overdraft. As such, it’s important that the intended amount of deposit is lower than the current balance. The next step is to load a preferred online casino, log in then head to the cashier section. Once in, the steps to follow are as below;
- Select the “Visa Electron”tab from the cashier window
- Enter personal information and card details [the 16 digit card number &3-digit CVC number]
- Choose the amount to deposit then click confirm
- The account will be funded immediately
Advantages of Using Visa Electron
The biggest perk when depositing with Visa Electron is the ample convenience the card offers. Since it’s directly linked to users’ bank accounts, players have total control over their funds. Additionally, players are afforded the unique ability of making their deposits on-the-fly without need for lengthy verification processes. Another advantage is to be found in the user’s ability to store card data on most casino platforms, meaning the card details are entered on the casino site only once. This also serves to reduce the risk of personal banking information being compromised. More features that come with this payment method include;
- The card comes with a range of in-built security features that include a unique PIN plus data encryption.
- When depositing, the entire transaction only takes a matter of minutes and this ensures users are able to maximize playing time that would be otherwise wasted waiting for funds to flow in
- The Visa Electron makes it possible to instantly access users’ account details online in addition to continuous text message and email updates so users are always aware of their account status
- There’s no need for additional electronic confirmation with Visa Electron unlike with the regular VISA – if a user has sufficient balance, the transaction is automatically approved
Disadvantages of Using Visa Electron
Even though it’s convenient as well as protected by the VISA brand, the Visa Electron card isn’t as secure as when using an e-wallet service especially for players who like playing at multiple casinos. Online casino security protocols may be quite strict but by entering the card’s details at multiple locations, users decrease their personal level of security. Additionally, Visa Electron doesn’t work when making withdrawals. Players who use this card should therefore seek to first learn about a particular casino’s carious cash-out methods before placing any wagers.